August 28, 2005

Fun Facts about Illinois

By Harvey! In, uh, honor of all the time I spend riding through the rural, "sane," part of the state, go visit. Here are a couple:

10% of Illinois' economy is based on the production of various corn products. The other 90% consists of official "Just wait 'till next year!" logo Cubs merchandise.
People from Chicago like to brag about their "Chicago-style" pizza, but it's really just regular pizza sprinkled with bits of people who hired non-union labor.
During the Civil War, Illinois was bitterly divided between those who wanted black people to vote and those who wanted to restrict the franchise to white people and the dead.

Posted by hln at August 28, 2005 11:34 AM | Whimsy | TrackBack

Glad ya liked it :-)

Posted by: Harvey at August 28, 2005 05:38 PM
Post a comment

Remember personal info?