March 29, 2004

Ah, a Comment

Lovely - on one of my early Atkins-related posts.
lady your wrong diet has everything to do with your heart ample supply of the right nutrients and a viral infection wouldn't be stop listening to docters start thinking for yourself for once.
I must concede to this obvious expert. After all, he or she has redefined the proper usage of "your" for "you're" and the spelling of doctors.

Forgive me for not thinking for myself. Perhaps I should set an hour of my gym time a day aside to do nothing but stuff myself with little preprocessed no-carb snacks made by the Atkins marketers. During this time I can sit cross-legged on the floor and ask forgiveness for the error of my ways. No more carb-filled fruit for me; I'm a changed woman.

The sarcasm runs pretty think on Monday. In other news, there are geese running across the roof here at work. Perhaps I should go outside to see if they are obese, and, if not, ask them what they eat. If I see any low-carb packaging in their beaks (seed-cracking or worm-stabbing beaks, Brian?) I'll let you know.

I love carbs.


Posted by hln at March 29, 2004 07:29 AM | Nutrition | TrackBack

mmmm... carbs :-)

I never understood the whole "eliminate a category of food from your diet". Eating whatever I want, but not as MUCH as I want, always seemed to do me fine.

And proving how much God loves irony, he made you have a typo in a post criticizing someone's spelling:

"pretty think [sic] on Monday"

On the bright side, at least yours was an obvious typo, "docters" is just sad.

Posted by: Harvey at March 29, 2004 09:26 AM


Posted by: Pixy Misa at March 29, 2004 11:21 AM

I love it when nearly illiterate people tell you what you should be doing with your life. It makes for very amusing reading.

As for the different diets that have come and gone over the years. I have never seen a diet that eliminates specific foods ever work for a prolonged period of time. If people love eating a food and it's available to them - they will eventually break down and eat it. End of diet.

There must be some sort of huge deterent for people to quit eating a food forever - severe allergy is one. For me migraines from foods with additives keep me on the straight and narrow. (nothing says "don't eat this" like a severe headache *G*)

As impossible as it is for most people to conceive - about 95% of the people of this world could lose weight by moderate eating habits and exercise. The other 5% have medical problems and issues that this wouldn't address. But that seems to be too simple for them - the explanation must be something else - otherwise they feel guilty and we can't have that!!!

Posted by: Teresa at March 29, 2004 04:09 PM

The Atkins diet has done one thing for certain.

It has made St. Louis Bread Company/Panera Bread franchises CHEAP!

Buy now, at the bottom of the market!

Posted by: Brian J. at March 29, 2004 08:22 PM

So, Brian, I'm guessing you've got about 50 large tied up in St. Louis Bread stock? :-)

Posted by: Harvey at March 30, 2004 09:38 AM

"The sarcasm runs pretty 'think' on Monday."

????? Ah, yes. The illiterate.

I love carbs, too.

Posted by: Melissa at March 30, 2004 07:39 PM

I didn't change think on purpose. It's just too funny.

But there is a difference between 100 wpm fingers and poor sentence structure combined with misuse of homophones AND misspelling.


Posted by: hln at March 31, 2004 07:16 AM