I am Heather Noggle, wife of Brian J. Noggle, who took this picture.
I have finally finished my 100 things. How many can you read before boredom forces you elsewhere?
To contact me about any of these interesting things, my e-mail is email@example.com.
The Bob Marley lookalike ambled
from the Public Defender's office
across Ninth Street to the WALK
sign adjacent to the Post Office.
And to me he said upon arrival:
"You got reaaaaaal wisdom sissssssssssssssster;
And he paused.
"Those women in pants.
catch no wind."
(100 things are below)
- My maiden name is Igert, which is tiger with the "t" at the end.
- I was born July 29, 1972 at 1:02 pm EST.
- Which was my due date.
- And I am hours older or younger than Wil Wheaton.
- I got married at age 26, on May 22, 1999 to Brian J. Noggle.
- I met Brian by accident - because he happened to post this and have an e-mail address that began with stl (for St. Louis).
- I e-mailed him; he e-mailed back. And so it was...
- We have five cats. They are, in descending age order: John Galt, Tristan, Dominique, Ajax, and Aurora.
- I have an uncle who has an engineering patent.
- My mother is retired from teaching and is writing a book.
- She's 6'1" tall. Which means that all of the shelves in the house were used.
- Even the top one, which was disconcerting, because I'm only 5'8" tall.
- I'm also a size ten.
- But I'm trying to drop into an 8? (Isn't everyone).
- I'm also an avid weightlifter currently on a bodybuilding split.
- This summer, I learned how to ride a bike - a road bike.
- With the special shoes and clips.
- I fell a few times.
- And then I rode the bike a LOT (a decent estimate is 700 miles from June through September).
- I also played two nights of softball each week this summer.
- And I also have a nutrition fetish.
- I like to post healthy recipes on the blog.
- And extoll the virtues of soy (but not tofu!)
- Some of this is because I dislike some unlikely unhealthy things.
- Like, I can't drink soda because of the carbonation.
- Which means I don't drink beer, either.
- And I often ask people "what does Coke taste like" because I truly don't know. (They say, "Coke," usually).
- But I especially like Amaretto Sours.
- And I despise pudding.
- And mashed potatoes.
- But I really, really like to eat.
- But I don't like my food to touch.
- And I like pizza. A lot.
- My favorite pizza is a pan pizza with sausage and mushroom, light on the cheese and heavy on the sauce.
- Governed by my Id, I'd eat Chili's Chicken Crispers, rhubarb pie, and black bottom cake.
- Every meal.
- Thank goodness for self control.
- When I'm not blogging, I'm working, exercising, wirting, writing (because I believe they are different things), socializing, eating, reading, or sleeping.
- I'm a software developer (web).
- Been doing this about four years now.
- Before that, I was in Human Resources.
- And every professional job before this one has been in the public sector.
- Which might explain why I was pursuing a Master's degree in Public Administration.
- Which I will likely never finish now.
- But that's all right.
- I have a BS in Communication Management.
- From Southwest Missouri State University, December of 1994.
- I always made good grades in school.
- If we had infinite money, I'd go back.
- When I started college, I was a music major.
- And I played trumpet in the Southwest Missouri State University Bruin Pride Band.
- Which was really large (400+) my freshman year (1990) because the band had a scheduled trip to London.
- I had to take a semester off of college (spring of 1992) due to illness.
- Rare cancer, actually - parotid (salivary gland).
- This was discovered in mid October of 1991.
- And I plan to write about it in November because of the 12th anniversary.
- I'm fine now and have been very healthy for the last five years.
- But I have a wicked scar.
- That I had surgery on in late 1992.
- So now it's just a really thin, faded, and in-the-crease-of-my-neck wicked scar.
- But it is 8 inches long.
- And I have 6 tattoos used to treat the cancer.
- And I sweat on the right side of my face when I eat.
- Because my facial nerve hooked up to a sweat gland when the parotid gland was removed. This is called Frey's Syndrome.
- This made for some interesting first dates.
- I like personality tests.
- And in Myers-Briggs, I'm an ESTJ, with the E and S being "barely" and the T and J being off the charts.
- My Enneagram is 8w9. For both types.
- On a work style quiz I took when I worked for the University of Missouri, there was a continuum from steady to urgent. I was an off-the-charts "urgent."
- I like word games.
- My highest two-person Scrabble score is 487. (And Brian scored 322 that game).
- Not surprisingly, I know all of the two-letter words. And a lot of Q words where U doesn't follow.
- But I really like Boggle. I almost never lose.
- But to get Brian to play, it usually has to be Strip Boggle.
- Because that's more fun.
- I also spell very well.
- And I love to read.
- And I love classical mythology because it applies to so many allusions.
- Though my favorite pleasure reading is junk mysteries - medical and computer being my favorites.
- My favorite modern novel is Soldier of the Great War, by Mark Helprin.
- And my favorite classic, though also somewhat modern, is The Fountainhead, by Ayn Rand.
- My favorite play is Shakespeare's Macbeth.
- And I can recite the entire first scene.
- I like poetry and have written, oh, just a bit.
- I've been published online and in print, including a couple of these collections.
- If you're interested, links to my poetry can be found here.
- And my favorite modern poet is Lyn Lifshin.
- The only other bloggers I've met are the ones I work with (so I knew them before any of us blogged).
- I'm a clean freak.
- But I'm not a neat freak. At all.
- I like to stuff things under beds and in closets to get them out of the way.
- And I seem to relax about these things more and more as I get older.
- I dislike fire.
- And I don't like to clap (you know, applaud).
- I don't like clowns, either.
- But I love hockey, as if that's somehow related.
- But I can't play because I can't skate backwards.
- My eyelashes curl down.
- And my fingernails curl up.
- And those things came out of nowhere, but I don't care because I'm done!